The Up & Over Gundog Scurry is a fast and furious scramble to bring back two retrieves over the obstacle course in the fastest time. The Up & Over is a little different to our other gundog scurries as it is run over a compact course, and usually only takes the fastest dogs a handful of seconds! However the compact nature of the Up & Over makes it a great scurry for novice handlers and younger dogs.
The Up & Over Arena is approximately 6 metres wide by 12 metres deep. The ‘obstacles’ take the form of 4 wooden “walls”, which span the width of the arena. Two ‘seen’ dummies are thrown in between these walls, and the dog with the fastest time for both retrieves wins. This frantic gundog scurry always attracts a crowd, and is also a favourite with none gundog breeds. Smaller breeds such as terriers aren’t well suited to our other gundog scurries, but there tenacious temperament usually sees them thrive in the Up & Over!
Up & Over Gundog Scurry Prizes:
- 1st Place – £25 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
- 2nd Place – £15 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
- 3rd Place – £10 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
Up & Over Gundog Scurry Rules:
- Two seen dummies will be thrown.
- Dog must be sat unrestrained and off-lead.
- The dog must stay steady until the second dummy has landed and the steward tells the handler to send the dog.
- Any dog that is unsteady and “runs in” will be disqualified.
- Any dog that is sent before the steward has told the handler to send the dog will be disqualified.
- The clock will be stopped when the dog crosses the line after the first retrieve, and then restarted.
- The clock will then not be stopped until the second dummy is placed in the designated container.
- The dog that retrieves both dummies in the fastest time will be the winner.
- Any dog may enter, however prizes will be allocated to Kennel Club recognised gundog breeds only
- Re-entry is permitted
- Entries cost £2.50 each or 5 for £10.00
** All dogs and owners are entered at their own risk.