The Long Retrieve Gundog Scurry is all about speed. Although it looks easy, your dog needs speed, stamina and a good memory to mark the long retrieve and bring it back fast. This is one of the most visually spectacular of our gundog scurries, and gives you a great perspective on the vast distances over which gundogs are expected to work.
As you would expect, this long distance gundog scurry usually favours the retriever breeds, simply because they have longer legs! However, some pretty fast times have been posted by tenacious spaniels over the years. It is also important to remember that the Chudleys Gundog Championship counts your qualifying times from across all of our gundog scurries, so every second counts!
Long Retrieve Gundog Scurry Prizes:
- 1st Place – £25 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
- 2nd Place – £15 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
- 3rd Place – £10 cash, Engraved Crystal Goblet & Rosette
Long Retrieve Gundog Scurry Rules:
- A single dummy will be fired from a static dummy launcher.
- Dog must be sat unrestrained and off-lead.
- The dog must stay steady, until the dummy has landed and the steward tells the handler to send the dog.
- Any dog that is unsteady and “runs in” will be disqualified.
- Any dog that is sent before the steward has told the handler to send the dog will be disqualified.
- The clock will not be stopped until the dummy is placed in the designated container.
- The dog that retrieves the dummy in the fastest time will be the winner.
Any dog may enter, however prizes will be allocated to Kennel Club recognised gundog breeds only.
- Re-entry is permitted
- Entries cost £2.50 each or 5 for £10.00
** All dogs and owners are entered at their own risk.